Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A General Letter to IT Departments Everywhere

Dear IT people:

Please stop messing with the internet connections. I understand that you have to update the systems, I really do. But when you mess with the systems for weeks on end without telling us, we have problems with our computers for weeks on end. Couldn't you please mess with them at one time during the day? If we knew that our internet would be having issues from, say, 1 pm to 2 pm, that'd be fine. I do realize, incidentally, that the problem is with the IP Addresses because you're doing something or other and it's confusing the computers, and I realize that all it really takes is restarting the computer to fix the issue. However, I would still really, really appreciate if you'd stop changing things so frequently that I have to do a general restart of all computers at least once a day.

Thanks!

-Your Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment